National Children’s Week at Epsom Dental Care Applecross
National Children’s Week is an annual event celebrated in Australia during the 4th week of October. The event focuses the attention of the wider community on children, their needs and achievements.
As part of our support of National Children’s Week, your Applecross dentist would like to emphasise the importance of dental hygiene at an early age.
If children practise good oral habits while they’re young, they’ll have a great chance of having them for life and avoid dental disease.
So, this National Children’s Week, let’s band together and improve the dental health of our children!
What Can Parents Do?
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Applecross dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Epsom Dental Care Applecross Can Help
We want everyone to have a pleasant experience at their dental appointments, so we work hard to make children comfortable during their visits. Your child will learn about the various tools the dentist and hygienist use to clean and examine teeth, along with the importance of proper care.
We also encourage eligible families to take advantage of the Child Dental Benefits Schedule. Under the CDBS, children are entitled to $1,026 worth of dental treatments over 2 years.
Proper oral and dental healthcare is made available to more than 3.4 million eligible children with the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
At Epsom Dental Care Applecross, we want your children to take advantage of this opportunity today so they can achieve stronger teeth and pain-free smiles.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Applecross
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,026 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 729 Canning Hwy in Applecross WA.